About the Book
From the age of five, Marcel Marceau knew he wanted to be a silent actor, just like Charlie Chaplin. When World War II intervened, he joined the resistance, helping to get young Jews to safety during this dangerous time. But Marcel never forgot his dream of being a mime artist and entertaining the world.
- National Jewish Book Award Finalist
- Moonbeam Children's Book Award Silver Medal for 2011
- Sydney Taylor Notable Book for Younger Readers 2012
- New York Times Book Review: Men Who Made Magic
- Publishers Weekly
- Center for the Study of Children's Literature at San Diego State University